Thursday 27 November 2014

Deconstruct/ Reconstruct Day 6

Today was the deadline of the deconstruction/ reconstruction project. I was pleased I managed to finish everything in time including my sketchbook. I spent the time before the presentation doing the finishing touches such as photographing my garments on a model. I was pleased with them on the model, they are interesting shapes and create interesting silhouettes especially from the side view because of how the fabric is gathered up in places and lies flat in others. 

In the afternoon we had to present our work. We all laid it out and went round looking at everyones. This was a really helpful exercise as it means you can see what works well from other peoples work which you could use in your own work. What I found interesting about other peoples sketchbooks was how some had quite artists drawings at the beginning as observation work. These were really nice to look at, creating some beautiful sketchbook pages and were not in the brief so were more unexpected which is something I was told I could improve on in the group tutorial. I also think these could add something to my work to make it stronger at interviews and I could use them to create some illustrations for my portfolio. During this presentation and group crit we had a piece of paper next to our work which others could write comments on, I didn't find all the comments helpful as many didn't contain any constructive criticism but one said that I could have been more experimental in some of my stand work exploring how jackets and shirts could become trousers etc which I agree with, this is something I found difficult so definitely something I could have worked on more and can think about now and in further projects. 



No comments:

Post a Comment