Wednesday 5 November 2014

Industry Day 2

(Personal Concept Board, Authors Own, 5/11/14)

Today I felt as a group our ideas began to come together. We had all created initial concept boards last night so sharing these between us meant we could have a clearer image of where we are heading. Although we all have different ideas of what we interpret the quote as, this works for the brand as Comme des Garcons collections do not make sense, so the fusion of all our thoughts is a reflection of the brand.

I spent today creating our group concept board so we all have a visual reference of what we are doing as well as starting to create initial textile samples. I have started by fusing different materials together in contrasting fabrics such as linen with leather and calico with lace and net to create interesting surfaces. I am pleased with how this is developing as it is helping me realise what works well together but to move on I need to work bigger on the stand with larger pieces of fabrics to create more dynamic textile designs. I especially need to focus on my researching looking into knots, explorers and possibly print. 

One thing I realised today is the value of a team. Two of our team members weren't there today and it made me realise how important it is that everyone is committed and are contributing as we found there were gaps creating with decisions which was hindering our work.


(Group Concept Board, Authors Own, 5/11/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment