Thursday 6 November 2014

Industry Day 3

(My initial textiles samples, Authors Own, 6/11/14)
Third day of this project and we are continuing to create our individual work at this stage. I continued working on creating small samples experimenting with techniques for creating surface design. From this I have found that plaited calico creates a really interesting texture that I can now develop more possibly incorporating other fabrics as well as fraying and fringing. I also experimented today with creating wool pom poms and how I could create textiles from these. They work really well as they create very 3D shapes which I think are much more interesting as a surface texture as well creating better silhouettes. I am also thinking of working these into a poster as part of our promotional element of the project. From now I am going to develop my existing textiles to make them into larger samples possibly a3 size that we can present as a group next Thursday as well as use photoshop to create experimental posters.


One thing I think my group could have done better is not expanding our ideas too much more, our ideas have changed from yesterday into a more playful theme which will work well, but expanding our ideas too much with such a short project could end up with a non-focused outcome. This also made it difficult for explaining to our absent group members what we are doing as the ideas are continually changing, emphasising how important communication is. However overall I think our group is working well together, we are starting to work incorporating each others ideas so the collaboration of elements is progressing well. We need to continue communicating away from studio time now so this carries on as successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment