Tuesday 11 November 2014

Industry Day 4

(A3 Samples, Authors own, 11/11/14)

At the moment we are starting to round up our individual areas of the industry project. From creating two A3 textile samples over the weekend I am now creating four final designs to present on Thursday. I have been using my textiles to create these designs as well as referencing the ‘comme’ look and the group concept board from last week. I didn't have much design research as I have been focusing on textiles so I developed design ideas by doing lots of quick sketches using biro and marker pens looking at the images both I collected as well as other group members. Working quickly helped create more experimental shapes as I wasn't overanalysing my research imagery meaning I was more loose and abstract with my drawings which was successful for the style of Comme des Garcons.

I tried to keep to large exaggerated silhouettes to fit with the look of the brand. I think this is going well, the designs are abstract and modern, I think the overall feel of them is right and they work well together as a ‘mini-collection’ because the textiles flow through them all. I now need to think about the materials I will be presenting in the final outfits and how I present them. I will use photoshop to import the fabric textures and my textiles onto my designs to create a professional looking creative collection to present. 

What didn't go so well today with my work is being able to incorporate all my textiles, I struggled with how to incorporate the plaits and knots. I think to overcome this I should have tried experimenting on the stand with these textiles as it would have helped in how these textiles could work on the body and be incorporated into garments successful which I found hard to do by just drawing.

As a group I think we are working well but we need to collaborate and combine our work now so we have a successful presentation. I am still unsure about what some of the group members work looks like and is about which makes it quite hard to know if our work is going to flow well as one concept. Tomorrow we need to finalise the work rather than expand anymore so we can create an interesting presentation and so we are all clear on what exactly we are presenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment