Thursday 8 January 2015

Politics and Fashion

Today I started properly working on the politics and fashion project. I started with my mind map of animal testing and picked out three ideas to explore this project. I have chosen, at least initially, to explore the types of tests that are performed on animals, the effects these have and the conditions that they are in. At the moment I have some initial thoughts on how I want the project to look, such as quite clinical possibly all white, but I am trying to keep an open mind and explore a range of ideas so I don't restrict myself which would lead to a weaker project. I am also going to start to experiment with fabrics early on as this is something I need to incorporate more throughout the project rather than just at the final stage so I can learn more about fabrication which will be good for my portfolio.

This weekend I am going to carry on researching these initial ideas so I can start development and initial designs by the start of next week. However I do want to spend a decent amount of time researching and continue this throughout the start of development as this will give me a solid idea to work from which I need in this project. I also need to start to think how I am going to make a statement in this project and how I am going to portray how animal testing is wrong.

(Selection of animal testing photographs, google images, accessed: 08/01/15)

No comments:

Post a Comment