Wednesday 14 January 2015

Politics and Fashion

Today I started doing designs for the project. I am using my research specifically about the effects of tests on the animals to just create quick sketches. I am finding this quite difficult at the moment as the majority of my research is factual rather than visual so I am struggling to find a way of creating silhouettes at the moment. There are plenty of elements I can add in from my research such as colour scheme, surface decoration and a mood of the collection but this isn't helping with an initial garment shape or design. To resolve this I am going to buy some disposable overalls similar to those scientists wear in labs and play around with that in terms of creating silhouettes tomorrow. I think this will help as will give me a starting point to then add my research elements onto which I can then develop more into designs. 

Today I also had a talk to Becca about my online portfolio which I started to create yesterday. She told me key things I should try to include such as a range of layouts and compositions as well as a change in the amount on each page too. I think this is also something I can relate to my sketchbooks during the projects as will make them more interesting to look at because it means it isn't repetitive. I also need to remember to include concept boards in my portfolio as this is important is showing the mood of the project as well as the type of woman I am designing for. This is something I think I need to carry on considering more in the projects as is not an aspect I always think about but is an important element to a collection and also important as a commercial aspect if I were selling my designs. 


I am also still not sure how I am going to get my message across in the collection so I think more research into other designers who have created a political collection such as Vivienne Westwood would be helpful just to see how they have put their point across in collections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment