Tuesday 20 January 2015

Politics and Fashion

Over the weekend I created six experimental prints inspired by Christian Rosa’s doodle like paintings I saw at the Saatchi in September. I used this doodle inspiration as it added a playful element to the designs so puts the message across clearly without being too harsh so I think it would appeal to more people if I was thinking commercially. I am pleased with the prints I think they have a good appearance that will work well on a garment. They also portray the message that animal testing shouldn't happen and have a shocking look without being too graphic. They also tie in different elements from my research of a clinical look because of the bright white background as well as the promoting alternatives as the harm it has on animals. 


Today in the studio I worked more with the images of my stand work from last Thursday. I picked out the shapes and ideas I thought were most interesting and continued generating design sketches from them playing with elements such as the length, collars and sleeves so that I could start to work out what is most successful and what I can take forward for my outcome. I created a range of sketches from more detailed silhouettes to also ones where I have simplified them to a basic garment shape. I have done this to create some silhouettes which are more of a ‘blank canvas’ for my prints as this is almost what a lab coat feels like because of  its stark whiteness and its basic shape. I have also started scanning in these silhouettes so that I can apply my prints to them. Doing this means I can play around now with the scale of the different prints so I can see what is working well and what is less successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment