Thursday 15 January 2015

Politics and Fashion

Today I experimented with the stand draping a disposable overall to create silhouettes and garment ideas. This was helpful as I had been struggling with ideas of how I could actually create shapes to put my ideas onto. From these I then did quick sketches using the shapes created and where the seam lines were to generate more ideas. I was trying to create shapes that were different to those I have designed before as I do tend to stray towards a similar silhouette in my work. I tried to use a more structured silhouette in places inspired by the idea of a lab coat which I could then develop. This did work quite well and I have some shapes and drawings that I can continue to develop but I also need to think further about the bottom half of the figure and challenge myself there into not just creating focus on the top half of the figure. 


Over the weekend I need to think about how I can make a statement with the collection and put my message across. I want to develop some prints which can do this but they need to have a subtlety to them so aren't obviously a protest but more a message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment