Wednesday 21 January 2015

Politics and Fashion

Today I started applying some of the prints I created to my designs. I picked some of the silhouettes I created yesterday and using photoshop added the prints while playing with the scale of them to see how they would work on a garment and how the different prints would work best. I found that the prints with the writing worked better on a larger scale as created a better statement where as just picture prints could work better smaller as a better all over design. Today I also created another set of prints in the same colour way as the other but out of paint experiments I had done. I did these over the weekend inspired by the painting style of Jenny Saville who scraped paint across the canvas like cosmetics and products are scraped across animals skin for testing. I was pleased with these prints they will work well with the animal testing message prints as the same colour way so will create another element for my collection. 


Today I also thought more about who my woman was for the collection as I was finding it hard to decide how I wanted the garments to look. I decided my woman was strong with clear opinions and a sense of right and wrong but also gentle and feminine enough to care about the treatment of animals. This helped me imagine a better feel to the final outcome and meant I could target my designs better. I did more designs today taking ideas from my stand work the other day but now giving them a more feminine look to fit to my woman. Tomorrow being our final day, tonight I need to create a mood board of my woman for the collection as well as decide on my final silhouettes which I can use my prints on. This will create my final eight looks to present in my group tutorial tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment