Sunday 26 October 2014

Final Jacket Design


This is my final jacket after creating some adaptations which I decided it needed. I changed it from my original design by adding another collar inside the original which gave it more volume which balanced out the jacket better improving the design. After this I added some boro inspired surface design. I added some patchwork-like frayed fabric panels and also frayed some of the lower hems to give the worn look boro had. I also linked in my attachment element of harnesses with a belt detail down the front.

Overall I am happy with the design of the jacket now. Adding the larger collar and altering the shape of the left panel that goes round the arm balances out the shape. I also think adding the little bit of surface detail adds interest to the jacket and compliments the mix and match design.

If I created the jacket again I would think some more about the surface detail. I was inspired by boro in the mixing of fabrics but to improve or move on I could think about trying to create some of my own boro designs by sewing fabric onto each other and thinking about ripping and layering and fraying them. I could also have thought about using some of my boro prints I created and having panels of the prints mixed with other fabrics and sewing decorative stitches into them all. 


(Images: Authors own: 26/10/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment