Thursday 23 October 2014

Development of Final Piece


So far this week I have spent it constructing my final piece. I used the pattern pieces I created from my stand work to work out the panels in each of the four fabrics. Now I have constructed it, I am not totally happy with the outcome.

I am happy with the combination of fabrics and the overall look it has but I think I need to work into it. I don't think it hangs quite correctly and the collar isn't quite big enough to balance out the garment. So from this step, I am going to play around on the stand with altering sections to create a more balanced jacket as well as creating another layer to the collar so it has more impact.

From this point I also now want to think about surface decoration and adding further boro ideas in that I have explored in my sketchbook as well as incorporation my structural element of harnesses and restriction.

(Image: Authors own: 23/10/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment