Friday 10 October 2014

Styling Week


























This week we spent working on a small photo shoot for our accessory. I wanted to create a simple look using black and white where the figure takes up much of the page. The girl has quite a innocent laid back attitude but also a hidden strength shown by her dark lips and slick hair. I wanted the accessory to be the key feature so I styled it with an oversized white shirt.

I am happy with the styling of the shoot and I think it works well in showing off the harness. I like the impact of the dark lips with the sleek hair compared to the casual white shirt which compliments the grey textured harness.
If I did the shoot again I would maybe try a black background to try and get a more mysterious feeling which would contrast greater with the innocence of the girl. I like the darkness of some of the images on my mood board which I have tried to achieve on a subtler level with my photographs but which I could emphasise further if I did this again.

To move on I believe I need to incorporate the idea of having an attitude/feeling and type of woman into my project so that it has a stronger more solid overall look. I could take the type of woman I have used here and incorporate it. I also want to explore harnesses further so these can be a feature of my final work.













(All Images, Authors Own, 10/10/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment