Friday 3 October 2014

Accessories- Day 3

Today we began to create our accessory. I decided to create a harness as an accessory using faux leather to create the basic structure and then using the small foil trays and paperclips to create the design. 

I found that it is starting to come together now, the leather worked quite well to create the shape of the harness however if I made it again I would choose a heavier material as it would hold the shape better.  I have started to build up the foil trays around the harness to create surface decoration like I was creating on monday and wednesday. I am going to carry on building these up to create a more exciting shape especially around the shoulder. 

To finish the harness I am going to carry on adding the foil trays to it till I am happy with it and I am also going to finishing adding paperclips to the leather straps to create a more metallic look. Once I have done this I want to spray paint the whole thing a matte grey colour as I don't like how at the moment it is a mixture of black and silver. I also think being one colour it'll disguise the fact its made of foil trays and appear more as one interesting structure and shall fit in with the mono theme of this project.

Image (Goodwin Jade 03/10/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment