Wednesday 1 October 2014

Accessories- Day 2

Today we were starting to develop our accessories ideas from monday using our samples we made. We did this by doing a carousel of workshops. The first was working with the same items as monday to create more samples developing from mondays ideas. The second was using large photocopies of our various samples and pinning these together and onto the stands to create shapes and ideas. The third was to use tiny photocopies of our samples and to put them onto a4 magazine figures to create ideas.

From these workshops I found the second worked the best as it meant I could physically create and alter shapes to see what works better on the figure and as an accessory. I liked working with the foil tray photocopies as there appearance is bold and the rounded shapes made them good to join together to create shapes that could come away from the stand.
I found the third workshop the least helpful to me as it was hard to manipulate the images onto the figure to make them look like accessories as they appeared quite flat. However I did prefer this on just the head as it was a larger scale and worked quite well in creating headpieces.

It surprised me how experimental you could be in these workshops and helped me to understand the sorts of accessories or body adornments that could be created instead of the usual typical accessories such as bangles and rings.

To go forward I am going to work back into all the workshops and combine all the shapes and ideas I created so I have a better collection of imagery to work from in designing my accessory. I am interesting in looking at possible headpieces and harnesses as ideas for my final design.



Images: (Goodwin Jade 01/10/14) 

No comments:

Post a Comment