Monday 15 September 2014

Digital Print- Day 1

Today was the first day of digital print. We spent the day learning the basics of Photoshop as well as the knowledge behind print design. I knew some basics to Photoshop through using it at school and some of the print repeats such as straight and half drop from working in an interior design showroom however I still have a lot to learn. I enjoyed seeing the different examples of print design and some unusual examples of print (studio XO) from Dan’s presentation. We started creating basic geometric patterns by creating a small design that was then repeated, in a straight drop then half drop using tools such as the marquee tools, fill tools, free transform and using layers. We went on to selecting areas of photographs for use in print designs using lasso and quick selection tools.

From today I think I will enjoy print but it will also be a challenge. I am starting to get all the basics of Photoshop but I am looking forward to using complex images and gaining a better knowledge of how these can create prints as I don’t have any familiarity of this now. I also need to become more familiar with Photoshop as well as Apple laptops so I can use and know them more naturally (plus learn how to use print screen so I can record my work rather than photograph the screen!)



No comments:

Post a Comment