Friday 19 September 2014

Digital Print- Day 3



Today was our last day of digital print. Wednesdays homework was to create 3-5 prints using what we had learnt over monday and wednesday which I brought with me today. Over thursday I created four prints using my images I had gathered for the project all in grey tones. Friday morning we then learnt how to render these images onto a figure. Although I think I could have improved my figure wearing my print if I'd had more time as it looked messy the technique was very useful to learn as I could apply this to my own fashion drawings. Also from doing this I found that the prints I created worked well together so I could develop these into my project.

After lunch we printed out two A3 sheets of our prints and in groups we used the prints to create a garment on the stands. My group created quite a conceptual piece shown below which had a Japanese kimono influence. It was quite a difficult task in mixing all the prints together in a way that didn't look too messy. I liked how my prints in the grey tones helped pull together the bolder colours helping create a subtlety to it and although our piece couldn't be worn as a garment it could help inspire something more wearable which is a good quality to have.

Overall I really enjoyed digital print and I think it's something I would like to work more on as I felt I was getting better all through the week so if I could practice and create more it would be a possible new direction to my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment