Wednesday 17 September 2014

London Fashion Week

Yesterday, on my day off I headed over to Somerset House to absorb some of London Fashion Week. I spent most of the time wandering around photographing street style such as the three guys above. I saw some interesting people and looks and it was fun to just feel the buzz surrounding fashion week. 

While there we managed to get into a LFW talks digital panel talk. It was very interesting and brought up thoughts about the fashion industry and technology that I hadn't considered. They spoke a lot about how social media is changing how brands are advertising and connecting with clients and it made me realise how much of a big and important factor this is now and how actually it is one of the best ways to get discovered and gain support from your customers. Another point it made me really think about is how technology is being used in the fashion industry. Personally I guess I had been thinking that technology is developing quite fast because new products seem to be thrown out so often but the panel pointed out how much it is in its infancy in terms of the fashion industry and there is a gap for designers to find a way of incorporating technology in a way that is useful.

I found this talk helpful really, it gave me a greater understanding of the technology industry and exactly how relevant it is. I also enjoyed the experience of visiting Somerset House and also having the confidence to go around asking people to take their photos which at first was a bit daunting but ended up being a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment