Friday 12 September 2014

Capsule Collection

Today’s first task was to watch the Proenzer Schouler SS15 show and note down 10 features of the collection that buyers and high street designer might look for and could interpret. It was interesting to see how certain features flowed throughout the collection (high necks and accessories) and also how the collection developed (and how prints developed from spots to reptile print). Finally I found the collar palette interesting as it had an autumn/winter feel because of its darker colours which was also emphasized by the oversized parkas which gave the collection a fascinating twist.

After this exercise our next task was to design a five outfit capsule collection with each outfit consisting of two garments. We used our drawings from Mondays ‘speed designing’ workshop as inspiration so I initially picked a scooped hem as my first feature to run through the collection. I went for a fairly dark colour palette of navy, moss green, black and soft grey as it is an autumn/winter collection in fabrics such as wool and leather. I focused on some oversized silhouettes on the top of the body with streamlined bottoms. To improve I would like to develop my drawings in particular adding faces whether that’s through practicing drawing or collaging heads  onto the figures as will help give them more personality. I also want to learn how to draw surface textures onto the illustrations such as if the garment was wool as at the moment they seem a bit flat and lifeless.

At the end of the day we had a chance to look round everyone’s work and from this reflecting on my own work I am pleased with the flow my little collection had and how features and fabrics ran through it but I also think I could be more experimental with it like possible where some of the shapes are oversized think how they could be altered more to be more original. 



No comments:

Post a Comment