Wednesday 17 September 2014

Digital Print- Day 2

Today was day 2 of digital print. We spent the morning learning new Photoshop techniques to create the print above in which we used offsetting and how to adjust an image into a repeat print as well as changing colours and layering images. I found some of this challenging such as trying to draw a cloud for myself as I was finding it hard to get it looking realistic at all so I just had to keep adjusting it continually until it was something I could be happier with. I also had to just keep adjusting the layout of the clouds and where to offset them too until it started to look more like a print rather than looking just too regular. From this although the print is very random I like the idea of layering we used such as the checks behind the clouds as creates a more original image.

In the afternoon we started to create our own prints in which we need to create 3-5 for Friday. I am finding this more of a challenge as it is creating a print from scratch trying to remember everything Dan has taught us. I think for this I need to try and create something that looks less structured as that is how I am feeling most of the prints I have tried out look. I also need to decide on the colour I am going to use for my project as this is what colour I need the prints to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment