Monday 29 September 2014

Accessories- Day 1


Today was the start of accessories week. We were told to bring in a range of inexpensive items that we could use to create accessories, I brought in items like little tin trays, dominos, wire, metal washers, paperclips and cable ties. From this we then had a few hours to attach these together in interesting ways and shapes to create samples to inspire accessories. From these we photocopied them and drew into them to help understand the shapes better.
This exercise was really interesting as it allowed me to see how completely strange objects could be used to create inspiration for accessories. I particularly found the little tin trays good for this task as they could be squashed and moulded into different shapes before being joined together. Using the wire to join items was more challenging as was sometimes difficult to secure them together successfully such as the dominos with the wire but once joined they worked well as the wire is very flexible so I could mould the structure into new shapes.
For next time I want to try and maybe incorporate more items together rather than today when I kept it simple using just one item with one joining method, as this could allow me to create more beautiful and original accessories.


No comments:

Post a Comment