Thursday 11 December 2014

3 words project- day 6

Today was our final day on the 3 words project. The morning I spent finishing elements of the project such as my sketchbook adding colour before we had a presentation in the afternoon of all our work. For the presentation I also created a series of illustrations for my final designs. I was pleased with these as they showed the fun element of the collection and were a more artistic way of displaying my outcomes of the project. These will also be good for my portfolio for showing my drawing skills.

In the afternoon we had our presentation, we all set up our work on boards showing off the work of our projects before we wandered round the room looking and commenting on everyones work. I found this really interesting as you got to see how people interpreted the words. Around the group  there were a lot of beautiful prints created from the words which was good to see. Also I found how others used colour interesting as this is something I struggle with so seeing how others use it and the combinations they create is really helpful as it allows me to see what works well and what I could use in the future. In this presentation we left out a sheet for others to comment on our work, I had some really nice comments from other members of the group mainly commenting on my colour palette and illustrations. Having these comments is helpful as it allows you to see what has worked well in the project and what I could use in the future in my upcoming projects to create more strong work for my portfolio which I will need to be creating soon. From seeing other peoples work today there are a few things I would improve on in my work, such as the research I think I need to create a more solid chunk of research in my project before I start designing exploring more options and expanding on my initial point better this will give me more ideas when I start designing which will allow me to be more experimental when designing and create more innovation silhouettes. I would also think about creating more 3D samples as these are really interesting to look at in other peoples projects as give a more physical approach to developing ideas compared to 2D drawings. They would also give me a chance to experiment more with fabrication which is defiantly something I am going to focus on in the next project.


(my presentation board, authors own, 11/12/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment