Wednesday 10 December 2014

3 word project- day 5

Today I developed my favourite ideas towards my final outcome. I have decided to develop one of my mark making drawings using it to create a print. I decided to do this by hand, painting the design on in ink to replicate the design. I was pleased with how this turned out, using ink onto the thin fabric meant the colours bled together creating a beautiful effect. From this I then scanned it in and experimented using areas of it as a print onto my designs. Picking out sections, such as section below, meant I could play with the placement which means I can create a collection which has variations of the print in the same colours which can make the garments flow. I also think creating this print will be good for my portfolio as it shows different skills from my previous projects as is more colourful and has a delicate feature my others don't as well as a more artistic approach which I have really enjoyed working from too.

(section of print. Authors Own, 10/12/14)

After working out the print for my collection I used the shapes I designed yesterday which referenced obesity as well as the idea of gravity and the looks having a pull for example such as the highly ruffled shape being just at the top of the garment while the rest is calmer, to create my final collection.  This is a small five outfit collection using my print. I also used the idea of veils and concealing the face in this collection where fabric is draped over the face. Overall I am quite pleased with this collection as it has helped develop my use of colour which I do struggle with. I am also pleased with how the print has turned out, if I were to develop this more I would experiment with digitalising this print and printing it onto different fabrics such as silk to see how I could create more interesting combinations. I would also work more with the idea of gravity as I have struggled with this idea and I think I could have developed it and expanded on it a lot more which could have added a stronger element to my collection with some more experimental silhouettes.

(final collection, Authors Own, 10/12/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment