Wednesday 3 December 2014

3 word project day 2

Today we were back in the studio and spent the day working through a series of workshops led by the tutors. These workshops were to give us a different, more artistic approach, to a project which I have found good as this was something I found I need to improve on in the last project. 

The first workshop was quick drawing exercises, drawing whatever came to mind about our three words focusing on mark making. Although this was quite difficult as I often found I was unsure of what to draw I created some really interesting marks by the end of it which I can use further on in the project. The second workshop was using jersey, calico and muslin on the stands to create experimental ideas. I managed to create some different shapes on the stand and it helped in being more experimental with how to combine fabrics and how they can be used on the figure which you cannot see on paper.

This afternoon we then worked on fashion illustrations with Sarah, Dan and Becca. We did different exercises involving colour, detail and silhouette. I found these really helpful, fashion illustrations are exciting as they are free and dynamic and can convey an attitude better than a design. I think I should use these more in the project to convey my ideas. I also found these really useful as they help me to feel more confident with colour which is something I need to use when designing therefore in this project I should use these illustrations and the colour combinations I created to influence the colour palette in this project. These illustrations will also be very useful for my portfolio as are colourful and eye-catching so will compliment my other work which is more muted. 


To move on for tomorrow I need to look at my work from today and find relevant aspects to move into the project and to relate to my words as well as think about finding imagery to reference for this as this will help for when I try and create a solid start to the project.

One of my drawings using mark making referencing idea of concealing a face and also experimenting with colour

(Image, Authors Own, 3/12/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment