Thursday 4 December 2014

3 word project- day 3

Today was our first self directed study today where we were collating all our research so far and researching further. I started by expanding on my words to try and work out what direction to take the project in by creating mind maps which helped to expand more on the words expanding the subject. My initial thoughts were to expand on Isaac Newton through gravity as I find the idea about having a force which holds us all together on earth really interesting. However I have found today quite difficult as it is so open, I have struggled to figure out where to take this project. I think to overcome this I need to gather much more imagery to work out what is inspiring me most so I can then start experimenting and combining the words.

Also today I had a pre-ucas tutorial where Becca told me some things I could improve on in my work. The key things she said was to use more colour in my work as I tend to just use more neutral colours also that I should try and be more experimental with the shapes I design as my final outcomes all tend to follow a similar silhouettes which I have found I like. Therefore these are things I am going to try and incorporate into this project as it will make my portfolio show a better range of skills and will be more interesting to look at as will have more diversity. 


Initial mood boards for 3 words 
(Authors own, 4/12/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment