Tuesday 9 December 2014

3 words project- Day 4

Today I spent the day developing my ideas. Over the weekend I created many initial design ideas using my research imagery so today I started to figure out what was working well with the designs and what I needed to research more of. I have found that the silhouettes that have worked well were those using grotesque where I explored obesity using a John Isaacs sculpture which I have developed further by working out shapes on the stand. I found the shapes that worked were those which the rolls of fabric which were gravitating towards an area of the body such as just on the arms or round the chest as this meant there were areas of light and shade in each design. For tomorrow I am going to use this reference sculpture, my stand work and initial drawings to create final sketches for what my collection will be.

(stand work, authors own, 9/12/14)

Today I also had a group tutorial which I found helpful as it gave me more to think about before creating my final ideas. Some of the things I was told was to create more sampling and 3D work which I am going to do tonight, experimenting with the veil idea draping fabric over my sisters head. I also need to think about using different silhouettes, developing using seaming which I could develop from my drawing of cancer cells etc. I also need to think more about fabrication. Fabrication is something I need to improve on and research further so I have a better knowledge of fabrics and what I could use to turn my designs into reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment